English Paper Piecing Necessities Sew Along
I am very excited about the up and coming Sew Along! Put the dates February 4th - February 28th, 2021 in your calendar and join the hosts of Sip Tea and EPP party Larisa from Stitching Notes and me on Instagram for a new adventure! It is a relaxed Sew along and sewists of any level are welcome to join this fun event! You can find all needed information about the Sew Along here and on Larisa`s blog.
What are we making?
This is a very relaxed Sew Along, so you don't need to buy a certain pattern. You can make any EPP necessity you fancy from any pattern, including your own. Here are just few ideas - a pincushion, scissor keeper, project bag, pouch, roll up case, drawstring bag etc. The only limit is your imagination.
We are looking forward to seeing your creativity!
Who can join and what to do?
Everyone is welcome to join us for the Sew Along, no matter what skill level they are at. There are a few rules and requirements that have to be met to be eligible to win prizes.
- have a public Instagram account,
- start your EPP necessity project that you intend to complete within these 4 weeks. You can use any pattern, including your own. The project should include EPP in any form - for example, a pieced panel or appliqued EPP shapes.
- the Sew Along runs 4th of February - 28th of February. You can join in any time during these 4 weeks but the deadline for posting a photo of your COMPLETED project on Instagram is February 28th.
- share your progress during our weekly Thursday meetings on Instagram using hashtag #eppnecessitiesSAL and tag the hosts Larisa @stitchingnotes and Irina @nordiccrafter.
At the end of the Sew Along Larisa and I will pick up winners in the following categories
- Original design, that shows unique ideas and creativity
- Delicate details, like fussy cuts, embroidery, applique, hand stitching etc.
- Your favorite make - participants will be asked to vote for their favorite project from the SAL.
Larisa and I would like to encourage those who are new to EPP and offer 2 small surprises.
The Sew Along runs for four weeks. We will be sharing helpful info and short videos on Instagram to help newbies get started. Please, feel free to work at your own pace, if you would like to complete more than 1 project.
Week 1 - 4th February
Gathering supplies (pattern, fabric and Epp tools (paper templates, basting supplies, thread, needle) and basting the shapes.
Weeks 2-3 - 11th -18th February
Week 4 - 25th February
Finishing the project and sharing the results.
Deadline for posting photos of the finished projects on Instagram February 28th.
Prizes are a nice bonus that also help you learn more about wonderful small businesses on Instagram.
We are very thankful for the generous and kind support from Ava And Neve , an Australian Liberty Tana Lawn store, who offers three EPP starter kits to three lucky winners.
Two winners will also get a PDF sewing pattern of their choice from @stitchingnotes or @nordiccrafter. The winners will be announced on the 4th of March on Instagram.
Larisa and I hope you will join this Sew Along, and we are so looking forward to sewing with you and seeing your original EPP necessities projects.
I wrote few blog posts about EPP and shared videos on Instagram, so here are some links for tips and projects.
Flex frame pouch tutorial
Round hexagon pincushion with embroidery tutorial
Glue basting video
Sewing hexagons video
How to remove papers if your thread basted video
How to remove papers if you glue basted video
P.S. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask either by sending an email or a DM on IG.